These bookmarks are amazing valentines or gifts! Each can be made unique by using any type of paper, patterns, solid colors, plain paper with drawings, or mix for combinations, to design your own bookmarks. Choose paper combinations that look good together.
- Glue Stick
- Various paper – plain, patterned, magazines
- Pens, crayons, markers, stickers, anything else for decorating
- Print heart template on desired paper. You can trace and cut out shapes on blank paper, then trace on selected paper, or if you want to print directly onto nice paper, print on backside of 8 ½” x 11” papers. To make your own heart shape, fold paper in half and draw one side of a heart. Cut on the line you made (with fold in center of heart). Make a smaller heart to fit inside the first one. The size can be whatever you desire; our large heart template measures about 3 ¼” high x 3 ½” wide and our small heart template measures about 2 ¼” high x 2 ½” wide.
- Cut out both shapes so that you have a small and a big heart. Decorate if desired.
- On the back side of the smaller heart, put glue on the top one-third of the heart. (I use the center point of the heart, where it dips, as a mark and draw an invisible line horizontally and place glue above.)
- Place the smaller heart on top of the larger one and press down on glue area to attach.
- Give it as a gift or use your handmade bookmark!
Have fun and enjoy!